What is ‘Pay as you go’? Is there a term on this option? When does it end?
‘Pay as you go’ is the option that is activated whenever you choose not to subscribe to a Service Package on your machine(s) or whenever the maximum duration of a Service Package is reached.
The first year of machine purchase you will of course benefit from the manufacturer warranty. After this warranty, service delivered by our after sales service will be invoiced against fixed fees. This option has no term and will last until your machine is deemed irreparable.
Can I change from ‘Pay as you go’ to a Service Package?
You can choose to subscribe to the Service Packages at any time. As the Service Packages can have a maximum term of 5 or 10 years, the number of automatic renewals of the contract will be adapted to the age of your machine.
What is seen as mishandling of the machine? What can I expect in this case?
If the technician determines that your machine is out of service because of mishandling, the service will be invoiced in correspondence to the ‘Pay as you go’ fees. The following list of situations will be seen as mishandling.
- Improper use of the Nespresso professional coffee machine
- Insufficient cleaning (daily maintenance, descaling and changing of water filters)
- Insufficient supply or quality of water and/or electricity.
- Milk froth: use of hot or the wrong type of (not UHT) milk
- Fire and water damage.
- Damage caused or machine parts breaking off (including the cup holder, water tank, drip tray grid, capsule container, water tank door, cleaning key) due to the customer’s actions.
- Adjustments to the settings made at the customer’s request.
- Request to carry out repairs outside the specified time frame.
- Visit during which no defect can be detected as a result of a refusal to troubleshoot.